Rainscreen Drainage Mat
ClarkDietrich E-Screen can be used in stucco, stone veneer, brick, or under various siding installations to provide an effective method for drainage and ventilation in the wall system.
Moisture penetration is a prevalent issue in these wall systems and creates a range of problems from cracking to complete failure of the wall. Without a rainscreen, moisture can intrude past the outer surface of the wall and become trapped in the system, creating issues with rusting and mold growth that can structurally compromise the system. By using ClarkDietrich E-Screen, the water inside the wall is drained away more efficiently and the increased ventilation properties allows the system to dry out more effectively.
- 95% open design creates a continuous capillary break and a channel for moisture to drain away from the wall system while accelerating the drying time
- The durable polymer material is corrosion-resistant, rust-proof and mildew/mold-resistant
- Minimizes cracking, staining, peeling, and blistering of exterior finishes
- Easy to Install - more cost effective and easier to install than traditional furring methods
- The 2-Ply design is comprised of a backer fabric that deflects the stucco away from the open design and improves the tensile and compressive strength properties of the rainscreen - this fabric also provides a built-in insect screen
|E-Screen 6mm||E-Screen 10mm|
|Core Material:||Polypropylene (Cornrow)||Polypropylene (Waffle)|
|Thickness:||.25 in (6mm)||.40 in (10mm)|
|Roll Length:||61.5 ft (18.75m)||40 ft (12.19m)|
|Roll Width:||39 in (99.06cm)||39 in (99.06cm)|
|Roll Weight:||14 lbs (6.35kg)||16 lbs (7.26kg)|
|Coverage Area:||200 sq. ft. (18.58m2)||130 sq. ft. (12.08m2)|
|Mortar Deflection, Ventilation & Drainage Mat Options||E-Screen 6mm||E-Screen 10mm|
|Mortar Deflection & Ventilation Material Thickness||.25 in (6mm)||.40 in (10mm)|
|Density / Specific Gravity (ASTM D792, Method A)||0.901 g/cm3||0.903 g/cm3|
|Porosity (Open Space) ECTCTASC00197||93.80%||95.30%|
|Mass / Unit Area (Composite) (ASTM D5261 / ASTM D6566)||11.25 oz/sq. yd||15.10 oz/sq. yd|
|Hydraulic Transmissivity (ASTM D4716)||4.22 gpm/ft width||7.01 gpm/ft width|
|Air Transmissivity (ASTM D4716, mod)||15.8 cu. ft/min/ft width||54.5 cu. ft/min/ft width|
|Flame Spread & Smoke Index (ASTM E84)||Class A Fire Rated||Class A Fire Rated|
E-Screen Installation PDF
- Apply the weather resistive barrier over the sidewall sheathing (some areas require 2 layers of WRB, check your local codes)
- Install ClarkDietrich E- Screen after the windows and doors have been installed and properly flashed. Start at the base of the wall and unroll rainscreen from right to left with the 4” fabric flap at the bottom of the wall. The three-dimensional (blue side) polymer matrix faces in towards the WRB and the grey fabric side faces out towards the exterior of the building. Install with staples or nails every 3 square feet.
- On the first (bottom) course only, unfold the 4” fabric flap and tuck it between the blue polymer matric and the weather resistive barrier to create an insect screen.
- On intermediate courses, the blue polymer material should be butted together tightly without overlapping. Pull the subsequent 4" flaps over the previous course (like you would a shingle) and staple in place every 3 square feet.
- On the top course, invert the roll and unroll left to right with the 4" fabric flap at the top. Unfold the fabric flap and tuck it between the blue matrix and the weather resistive barrier to create an insect screen.
- Apply your chosen siding or finish material over the rainscreen using the manufacturers’ recommended fasteners and spacing.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM D792 Standard Test Methods for Density and Specific Gravity (Relative Density) of Plastics by Displacement
- ASTM D4716 Standard Test Method for Determining the (In-plane) Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity of a Geosynthetic Using a Constant Head
- ASTM D5261 Standard Test Method for Measuring Mass per Unit Area of Geotextiles
- ASTM D6566 Standard Test Method for Measuring Mass Per Unit Area of Turf Reinforcement Mats
- ASTM E84 Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- SDS E-Screen Rainscreen E-Screen Rainscreen
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|E-Screen||ClarkDietrich E-Screen (6mm & 10mm)|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.