heavy duty Reinforcing
Mega Lath is a self-furring welded wire that provides heavy-duty reinforcing for both stucco and stone installation.
Mega Lath is an engineered product that provides easy attachment for both wood and steel construction. Specifically designed for stucco applications that require extra reinforcing, Mega Lath can be used as an alternative to 3.4 lb/yd2 diamond mesh metal lath specified in ASTM C847 and at 1.95 lb/yd2. Mega Lath can be installed 24" o.c. over open framing. Mega Lath is recommended wherever 2.5 lb/yd2 or 3.4 lb/yd2 metal sheet lath is specified.
Structa Wire products are sold by ClarkDietrich in markets East of the Rocky Mountains. For all inquiries in the Rocky Mountain region and Westward, please reach out to Structa Wire Corp. for service.
NEW INNOVATIVE PRODUCT
- Mega Lath is made with less metal but has more strength than any other product available – including sheet lath products
- It is engineered to meet weight requirements for architectural stone product installations
- Dense product is made from 16ga X 17ga galvanized steel wire welded to form 11/16" x 1.5" openings
- Its design promotes uniform plaster thickness
- A series of flat-bottomed V-shaped furrs ensure a full 3/8" scratch coat
- Furr will not puncture the vapour barrier
- Additional cold-rolled longitudinal wires form a twin track that simplifies attachment, for greater productivity and job satisfaction
- The cold-rolled technology produces flat wires that reduce curvature memory, for an easy-to-handle roll
- Rolls are more manageable than sheet products and make for easy installation
Easy Embedment System (EES) Overview
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A641 Standard Specification for Zinc–Coated (Galvanized) Carbon Steel Wire
- ASTM C933 Standard Specification for Welded Wire Lath
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1780 Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- IBC 2507 IBC Chapter 25 gypsum board gypsum panel products and plaster
- IAPMO ER-2017 Metal Lath
- IRC R703.7.1 IRC Chapter 7 Wall Covering
- SDS StructaWire for StructaWire products
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Mega Lath||Mega Lath|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.